#NationalMargaritaDay Because, the world need a Margarita day. Here is the classic recipe:
We went to Seriouseats to get the recipe, thinking the classic one is perfect for Margarita Day.
Every year on Februar 22nd, the famous cocktail is celebrated and honored. You can celebrate by making one, or ordering one out (Lots of restaurants and bars celebrate with Margarita discounts). A good advice is to order some delicious Mexican food with the Tequila based cocktail.
The stuff you need to put in it
- 1 lime wedge, plus 2 lime wheels for garnish
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt, for glass rims
- 4 ounces (120ml) Tequila (blanco, high quality is recommended)
- 2 ounces (60ml) Cointreau
- 1 1/2 ounces (45ml) fresh juice from 2 limes
How to actual make it
- 1.Run lime wedge around the outer rims of 2 rocks glasses and dip rims in salt. Set aside.
- 2.In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice. Fill with ice and shake until thoroughly chilled, about 15 seconds (the bottom of a metal shaker should frost over).
- 3.Fill glasses with fresh ice and strain margarita into both glasses. Garnish with lime wheels and serve.
Enjoy. But not while driving.